The Ginot Ha’Ir Community Council currently operates a Hebrew website.
Here you will be able to find basic information about the Community Council. Many of our activities are suitable for English speakers or people with limited Hebrew.
The Ginot Ha’Ir News Letter is fully translated into English.
If you have any questions please contact us at 02-5664144 ext 0
The Ginot Ha’Ir Community Council serves 50,000 residents form the German Colony, Greek Colony, Rehavia, Talbia, Katamon, Yamin Mose, Kiryat Shmuel and Naiot neighborhoods. The community council works towards shaping a pluralistic community in Jerusalem building its programs around imparting values of responsibility and involvement in all parts of the community. The Community Council is a place of vibrant activity, culture and community that serves the residents of the nearby neighborhoods as well as all residents of Jerusalem through its three branches – Beit Yehudit (the new ICCY), Oshishkin 38 and the Youth branch at the Green Living Center in the Nature Museum as well as various programs and festivals that take place all over the community.
1. The Community Council will express the involvement, partnership, responsibility, and community leadership of the residents of Ginot Ha'Ir and will be the main leveraging organization for the existence of a lively, active and involved civil society.
2. The Community Council will operate and manage a wide system of high quality, equal and accessible leisure, social, cultural, educational services in accordance with the vision and needs of the community and in coordination and partnership with the municipality.
3. The Community Council will work to nurture the area of Ginot Ha'Ir's neighborhoods as a core urban area that is essential and sustainable. The community council will ensure quality of life and high maintenance for Ginot Ha'Ir's neighborhoods, preserving the historic character and unique nature of the area, advancing sustainability, community gardening and "City Green" as a platform to promote quality of life and community.
4. The Community Council will nurture "community activity and organization" as a principal value and will cultivate a culture of involved community responsibility for weaker populations. The community council will work to strengthen communities in Ginot Ha'Ir's neighborhoods to provide for and answer their unique needs, and to promote shared community spaces.
5. The Community Council will work to create and cultivate a diverse cultural and community space for all the communities operating in the area and to strengthen the pluralistic character of Ginot Ha'Ir.
6. The Community Council will work to strengthen its neighborhoods, the core urban neighborhoods, as an attractive place for families, especially young families as a high priority community and city interest. Leading urban and community renewal processes that will allow the absorption of another 1000 young families to the area. The community council will work to strengthen and promote educational, community and public infrastructure as a necessary component of this.
The Office is Open Sunday - Thursday between 08:30 – 18:00
We are happy to help with any issue! 02-5664144 ext. 0
Dear residents, you are invited to contact the council's team, we are happy to help with any issue, for general inquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaike El-Ami - Director of the Community Council email@example.com
Yifat Afik - Manager Beit Yehudit, Deputy Director Community Council
Shira Avni - Community Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Zeev Arad - Urban Planner email@example.com
Yoav Yavin - Director the Center for Social Initative & Youth Activisim in Jerusalem Yoav@ginothair.org.il
Michal Berman - Partnerships and Gvanim Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomer Dado - Caretaker email@example.com
Zturit Yair - Community Gardens Coordinator
Kineret Kahana - Resource Development and Media Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliza Malul - Seniors Coordinator and Oshishkin Manager email@example.com
Tamar Klein - Cultural Activities Managertamar@ginothair.org.il
Mirit Remez - Director Cultural Programs firstname.lastname@example.org
Talya Shlezinger - Absorbtion Coordinator 02-5458116, 054-6650189, email@example.com
Yasmin Goldschmidt, Young Professinals Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
מנהל קהילתי-גינות העיר (מרכז תרבות העמים)
עמק רפאים 12, ת.ד. 8009 ירושלים 93105 | טל' 02.5664144/5 | פקס 02.5666620
Ginot Ha'Ir Community Council, Beit Yehudit
Emek Refaim 12, POB 8009 Jerusalem 93105 | T +972 2.5664144/5 | F +972 2.5666620